Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Gatlinburg Shopping

Shopping while in Gatlinburg is exciting, but you need to realize with Gatlinburg you will have quite a few major areas to go looking for a shop to spend your money in. Something else you will quickly realize, like I did, is you also have the gift shops inside of the national park as well. So this is something you will want to keep in mind because it is easy to forget about these shops because they are not on the main path that are present in Gatlinburg.



The Village



This is one of the quaint areas in Gatlinburg that you can take your entire family and walk around. You will want to enter next to the candy store and if the candy store is pulling taffy make sure you stand around and watch. You will not be disappointed as you watch the candyman pulling the taffy. However, you are going to want to make sure you check out the shops. You can find a variety of shops in the Village and I can tell you from experience you will also run into some very nice shopkeepers. You just have to take your time and explore each of the shops. Please note some of these shops do have a second story and if you are nice and ask you may find the second floor is open for customers to go and see the items that are for sale there.



Arts and Crafts Community



How often have you tried to find a great handmade item and failed while you are on vacation? I know that with me it has happened quite often and this has led to me not getting to satisfy the gifts that I wanted to give to my friends and family when I came back from my vacation. However, now I found the hidden gem in Gatlinburg and that is the arts and crafts community. When I found this location, I always make sure to head here first to get the presents I want to get for people and not be disappointed because I missed out on the handmade items or could not afford them before leaving.



Shops In The Park




I know I mentioned earlier about the gift shops in the national park and you will find their are two larger gift shops and a couple of smaller ones. Unless they have added some on since I was in the park last. The first one you will find that is large enough is the main office. This office will let you have a great education about the park, but also have a large enough area to shop in and find what you need. However, the other shop that I enjoy is the one in Cades Cove. This shop is a full service shop and one which you can enjoy using as well for a variety of options. The best part about the shop here is it has a restroom you can use when you are exploring Cades Cove. So make sure you stop at this location to guarantee you do not have to use the woods.



Enjoying a Gatlinburg shopping trip often means you are going to have to spend hours walking around town. However, if you are smart you will be able to find and plan out your shopping trips well before you arrive. By knowing about the shopping locations you can easily look and plan out your Gatlinburg trip and know the shopping trip will be one of the most successful points of your vacation. I know for me since I have started to plan out my shopping trips, I have started to enjoy quite a bit of success in getting everything I need.



from Gatlinburg http://ift.tt/1onDhN6

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment