You know the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result. That's me right now.
We hosted ILs last night. My family lives abroad and that was the only hosting I did this year, aside from kids birthday. I like cooking, getting everything ready and having a good crowd in the house. Life had other plans.
-
DH wanted to buy premade food and warm it up. I want to cook. We have had this argument since we got married 7 years ago. I proposed one meat and 3 sides, he had to have another meat and two more sides. Because that does not double my workload or anything. Then whined that I'm getting turkey breast instead of whole turkey. We don't need that much leftovers and he only likes white meat anyway.
-
guests were between 2 and 3 hours late. This is the norm for them, but drives me bonkers every time. I gave up on keeping things warm past expect meal time long ago
-
no one offered to help clean up, not DH not MIL not SIL. They were chatting in the living room while I was putting stuff away in the kitchen
-
picture time right before they left. I felt dead by then and decided. DH gave me shit about it later. That was the only comment on the evening he gave me. He hid in the man cave as I did the final clean up.
Fuck. I felt defeated tonight. So alone and so unappreciated. All I wanted from DH was to say thank you and that food was very goo. And help clean up, like he does every year. Nope, just shit about how I made him look bad by not wanting my picture taken. I'm done. Next year he is in charge of hosting his family holiday, he can get his precious pre-made food and worry about warming it up for whenever they decide to show up
Submitted December 25, 2016 at 08:00AM by cicada_song http://ift.tt/2ifV8oD
No comments:
Post a Comment