Right off the bat, Cap puts me in rather gaudy armor. At least I’m not half naked anymore, but I’ll hope for more options in the future. Also a bit of comfort that his first instinct upon hiring is to offer more clothing to cover up my nude form. He’s either a gentleman, he genuinely cares about my safety, or both. Either way, it’s appreciated.
He could also be a gay pirate, but I don’t think they were going that angle. I’ll probably find out either way if this “bone armor” you guys are hyping up is more revealing than I’m imagining.
He tells me I have a house now which… how well is the housing market when they already have a fully furnished house made up for me for free? Houses must be cheaper than the penny in this universe. Not that I’m complaining, more impressed than anything.
They give me a barrage of weapons to work with. I went with the giant buster sword because I like really large swords… that’s not meant to be an innuendo. I have a cat maid and… A PET PIG?
Oh wait, it hates me now. NVM crawlinginmyskin
Is it just me or that circular thing on my forehead literally a target? That’s foreboding.
I’m checking around the shopkeepers. Only three armor for sale currently, and the only one with improved defense is waay too expensive… Welp, I’m stuck with the bullseye on my face.
Oh god, the cat chef mentioned how I fought off the dragon in nothing but my underwear, he’s not wrong!
Should be noted how my walking speed is ridiculously slow. I guess I’ll be holding the R button whenever I’m in town…
Anyways, I go off into the first trial. I thought Cap was trying to make me make dinner for him, but I guess this is an overall cooking lesson. The guild lady is telling me that I’m going to slaughter something called an Aptonoth. I’m glad I’m not a vegetarian. Murder time!
Oh! I recognize those dinosaurs! Dunno what they are called in the scientific world. Typical of my character up to this point, I just walk right up them, arms outstretched and stiff like a robot pretending to be a human. The dinos, understandably, run the hell away. It’s here I’m instructed that I can run and I proceed into an enclosed area.
It’s around here that I begin to suspect that the game is setting me up for a trap. Like a way bigger enemy is going to show up and my character is just going to stupidly decide to take them despite the trial giver’s objections. Of course, I could be pleasantly surprised and I just kill one of them and that’s it. Hell, maybe my quips about being a thing of legend will not be true. Maybe the game is gearing me into thinking that this’ll just be a fantastical job simulator, that I’ll just be another jane just getting by in the world.
HOLY CRAP! I guess that is the direction this is going! Alright! At least we established that early on!
So is this like that one anime where they hunt for rare monsters and all chefs are like buff dudes and stuff? I forget what it was called, had a crossover with One Piece.
Wow, quite triumphant music considering I killed two monsters and barely cooked one of them. The other I burnt the hell out of.
Well, after the shock of actually delivering on the simple mission the game promised, I decided to do one more mission, see what else this tutorial has for me. It appears the cap wants me to make him a potion as he somehow got banged up in that monster attack. You’d think he’d more worried about me considering I had cannonballs fall at my feet, I repeatedly fell without anything to protect me other than the underwear I had on, and (I forgot to mention this last time) I even jumped off the goddamn ship and I wound up getting dragged behind on a chain (seriously, this guy still wants to hire me?) But anyways, potion crafting is probably a skill I’ll desperately need down the line so might as well learn how to do it.
So once again, the guildmarm used her psychic powers to telepathically give me instructions on the field… either that or they gave me a walkie-talkie. I’d honestly believe either.
An Herb, a Blue Mushroom, and Honey… that’s not a comment, I’d forget if I didn’t write it down.
The herb was literally right in front of me at the start, so that was fairly easy. It’s not like I got lost or anything…
Also, apparently I can rock climb, which is a nice thing to know! At least my character can do something competent for a change.
Blue Mushroom and Herb on hand, time to get some honey. I’m going to have to wrestle with bees now aren’t I?
OH CRAP IT’S THOSE SPITTING THINGS FROM JURASSIC PARK!
Well, the game got the jump on me after all, though it wasn’t as bad as I was predicting last mission. I’m getting the feeling the buster sword may not have been the best weapon option as killing the faster enemies was like trying swat flies with a sledgehammer.
Combining potions was ridiculously easy, which is good considering how my character is naturally. If she had to handle anything with the finesse of alchemists she’d start a meth fire.
Anyways, cap tells me to prepare my cat. I’m still kicking myself as I missed my chance to make Garfield, which was totally an option if I remember correctly. Too late now, instead I have Skitty, who looks nothing like a skitty… sigh.
Well, breaching 1,000 words into this, I think this is a good point to post. Thanks ya’ll for sticking around and offering your support! I am enjoying the game, even though I’m still obviously trying to get the hang of it. See ya next time!
Submitted December 24, 2016 at 10:39AM by MissFinefeather http://ift.tt/2i2VuQ5
No comments:
Post a Comment