So last summer, I took a vacation after working for a company for many years. I go in after vacation and its 5:50am. I quit.
Two weeks later, I registered for college to get my second degree in Cyber Security. In fact, first semester just ended, all A's and B's. Before that, my afternoon was wasted drinking.
Within the same time, maybe after a month of quitting work, I get an offer(never applied) to work from home with more money and better incentives.
But something interesting happened. My saving accounts kept rising but I can relate this to two things: 1. Going to work, cost save, lunch bought etc. 2. School, less parties and less hanging out. Since now I am home, I am always cooking. This was the part that saves me the most.
The other thing is that my reddit use has gone down to maybe zero during working hours. It is an unintentional effect of working from home. I actually do more work and more effective. Yesterday, I got a promotion and a bonus, something I haven't seen in my former job even though working there for half a decade.
So, I learned something. Sometimes you have to quit and move on to improve your life else it will become stagnant and always improve yourself no matter how good or bad you have it. People will notice it.
Submitted December 24, 2016 at 10:02AM by ChickenPussyCat http://ift.tt/2i2NNcB
No comments:
Post a Comment