Tuesday, January 24, 2017

#Day1 For the next 100 days, I'll post daily in the hopes of changing my Self Concept.

I want to change my self concept and move on with my life. I want to start changing the opinions I have of myself and will use this subreddit to keep myself accountable. The things I'll write are exercises which I've tried, and am currently trying out but have found powerful so far. Whoever wants, can join in the comments and do the same. 1) Gratitude (external): I'm thankful for having the support of my parents, who, despite my lack of follow through, still have faith in me. I'm thankful for this cup of earl grey. I'm thankful for having a bed this morning. 2) Gratitude (internal/self): I'm thankful because I can make people laugh. I'm thankful for my smile. I'm thankful for having been brave, even when it didn't work out, just because i wanted the best for myself. 3)My opinion of myself: I believe I take good photographs. I believe I am capable of doing great things. I believe that what I have done so far in my life was not just a result of luck, but a result of how I chose to live life, an expression of my interests. I believe that I deserve to be happy. I believe that I can achieve my happiness, and that no one else can give it to me. Not my friends, not my family, not an employer, and not my future self. There will never be a future self which will be capable of bringing me happiness. I believe it is only me, in the decisions I take now, that can provide me with happiness in life. I believe that I was loved because I deserved it. I believe I can love myself. I believe that with hard work, perseverance, determination, I can succeed. I believe in my ability to figure things out. This does not mean that I can make everything perfect and comfortable. It means that I can adapt to new circumstances and properly guide myself in life accordingly. I believe in myself. I respect myself and want the best for myself. I believe that I love myself unconditionally. Even if I don't believe that, I cannot ignore that everything I have ever done in life was for myself, either to provide happiness through action or through inaction, because of a misguided and unconscious act of protecting myself from harm. On the deepest level, I have always wanted to survive. I am for myself. I am of high value to myself. Irrespective of society, of my job, social relations, or anything external. I am of high value to myself, I regard myself as important. 4) Sentence completion (http://ift.tt/1VTIKbn ) If I bring more awareness to my life today, I would realise it is not that bad. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would be proud of the things I have done. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would try to make myself happier. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would make sure I was happier. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would stop thinking about the past. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would realise how much I need people to be happy. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would realise how blessed I am. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would realise how much of it was me and not luck. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would love myself more. If I bring more awareness to my life today I would allow myself to be happier. If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today I would make sure to listen to myself more. If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today I would not do something just because it is comfortable now. If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today I would not blame myself for not trying harder when I have not properly gaged how much control I have over the situation and how much external factors can impact me. If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today I will be less hard on myself for not trying hard when I cannot meet my ridiculous standards of non stop productivity and working. I am behind on life, and it will take time, but imagining fictious scenarious where I am suddenly superman won't help. It will all take incredibly long, might as well enjoy it. If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today I will take care of my health first, but not use it as an excuse to procrastinate working. Things have priorities, but sometimes getting to the basic level is enough if I have other pressing issues. No need to spend an hour cooking for a nutritious meal if I should find a job. If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today I will respect myself, and choose not to harm myself because I think I deserve it. If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today I will choose to guard my self esteem, to protect it from the world and from myself. If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today I will choose to not put myself in situations which endanger my self esteem without providing mental support, without measuring the outcomes and my reactions to failure. If I pay more attention to how I deal with people today I will notice that I am too involved in my own problems to give them the time and respect they deserve. If I pay more attention to how I deal with people today I will notice that I could respect them more by being myself, rather than humoring them when they are not funny or entertaining. If I pay more attention to how I deal with people today I will notice that I am nice to people. If I pay more attention to how I deal with people today I will notice that I always expect a savior. If I pay more attention to how I deal with people today I will notice that I don't treat them with the respect they deserve, of seeing them for who they are, irrespective of what they can offer me. If I pay more attention to how I deal with people today I will notice that not everyone is my enemy. The world is a safe place. If I boost my energy level by 5 percent today I will make decisions quicker. If I boost my energy level by 5 percent today I will get more done. If I boost my energy level by 5 percent today I will have more time to be happy. If I boost my energy level by 5 percent today I will finish things quicker. If I boost my energy level by 5 percent today I will respect myself and my capabilities more. If I boost my energy level by 5 percent today I will be brave because I will start gaining momentum in life, rather than sitting in my comfort zone of inaaction. 5) Three standards to live by today Be kind I'll be kind to myself, I'll be my friend and cheer myself during every interaction, every moment. Be brave I'll be brave by accepting reality, no matter how uncomfortable and accept how much I have to work. I'll be brave by accepting myself and my flaws and providing unconditional love no matter what, irrespective of outcomes and results. Unconditional love is unconditional. Be joyful Today I will be happy and enjoy the small things in life. Besides the external world, like a cup of tea, a warm bed and friends, I'll enjoy myself and the decisions I'll make. I'll value myself by "doing the right thing" and I'll take joy and esteem from that. Thank you for reading, I hope this guides you in some way. Cheers



Submitted January 24, 2017 at 03:31AM by 100daysofselfconcept http://ift.tt/2j8OoIL

No comments:

Post a Comment