Monday, January 16, 2017

Help fine tuning my pizza oven. Losing all the heat!

Hey guys! When we moved in to our new house it came with a sexy little brick pizza oven built in to the patio. It works great when its going, but has real trouble retaining heat.

Once its up to heat and the flame has settled to ember it pretty much goes like this: First Pizza cooks in 2 minutes, second in 4 minutes, third in 12 minutes. 4th - don't bother I heard somewhere that it might be missing a block that should be situated just below the chimney opening to repel heat back in to the chamber instead of losing it in to the sky. I haven't been able to find any mention of this concept through googling though.

I've organized a pizza party for the weekend making me think I should really get to the bottom of this before I try to put a dozen pizzas through it! Any help would be awesome.



Submitted January 16, 2017 at 03:50AM by cupzo http://ift.tt/2iCBR30

No comments:

Post a Comment