Thursday, January 12, 2017

I had my first "official" vegan day

Yesterday I made a post asking if I should wait until I moved out (I am 17) to start eating vegan (mainly environmental reasons, factory farming is the cherry on top of the deal for me). I had already quit dairy and ate meat once a day about 5 days of the week.

Well, I took the advice of the commenters and tonight at dinner I simply did not eat the meat portion of the meal, told my parents I was going to eat a lot less meat--just to avoid logistical concerns/complaints because I actually intend to eat no meat. Yay! Small victories, small victories :) I'm feeling great even though it's a small change, even if the world is screwed up for good I can be the best me I can in terms of my beliefs and moral standards.

I've also started checking the food labels of food around the house heheh. Planning on buying a lot more of my own food in the future and cooking vegetarian meals if I can for the family.



Submitted January 12, 2017 at 11:13PM by LittleLuthien http://ift.tt/2iiS2Uy

No comments:

Post a Comment