Friday, January 13, 2017

I just want to be left alone!

I haven't been happy with any of my living situations for over a year and a half now. The place where I'm renting is in a shared house with 3 other roommates and thats where I spend 90% of my time. When I'm not there, I'm at my parent's house where my brother who's older than I am still lives. Right now, I'm renting a couch to do literally the internship of my dreams.

*In the first house, one of my roommates is very passionate about politics that I don't believe in and will fight and be chaotic about it, another won't do his share of cleaning and is just a general mooch who once in a blue moon will do something, and the last roommate is the owner of the house and is a 73 year old who buys way too much food (to the point where tons of food gets waisted) and who's coping mechanism is to find something wrong and then nag other people to fix it for her.

*at my parent's house, I'm the chick that left the nest and so all of the other birds at the house are constantly vying for my attention. My father is the opposite political ideology from me and is also going down the mentally deranged train, believing in aliens and stuff, and is very vocal about the aforementioned, even after I've reminded him time and time again that I don't want to talk about that with him because it will go no where. My mom is loosing her memory and gets confused really easily, so everything has to be explained to her at least 3 times before she gets it. My brother is 30, has a job that may be paying, at best a bit more than minimum wage and is sore that he hasn't gone to college like me. All 3 of the characters think I am the golden one and are very demanding of my attention when I visit and get vocally upset when my attention isn't on them for even the amount of time it takes to write a text.

*I went on craigslist to find a temp place to live for 4 weeks while I did the internship that I've literally been looking forward to for my entire life and I find this guy renting a couch/bathroom/kitchen privilege thing for super super cheap compared to the surrounding area and its close to where I go for my internship. Turns out he's a gentlemen over mid 60s who never married and who is lonely, which is fine but he fucking talks for HOURS! I could handle a certain amount of conversation as well as the next person, but this is excessive. The only times I have to myself are when he's not home, and then when he does come home he talks for hours, stressing me out enough that I have to take another 45 mins to an hour to settle myself down to sleep. Today was even worse because he had a temper tantrum about not being able to eat enough when (a) he has eaten in the last couple of days (b) he was worried about disturbing me when he was cooking and I've told him repeatedly it wouldn't bother me and to do what he needs to and (c) that he was let down because he thought I was going to cook (he said in his add, he would reduce rent for people who cooked, but I'm paying the posted price so I thought that it wasn't going to be an issue if I didn't cook for him that often) more because I told him I love to cook. Well the first day I was there he didn't trust me in the kitchen to actually do cooking and so I didn't cook unless he wasn't there so he wouldn't get in my way. But now he's upset that I haven't been cooking for both of us, and what little groceries or food that I've bought that I've kept inside has gone to him. What annoys me even more is that he's a food snob, but at the same time refuses to take care of himself by cooking and/or feeding himself.

These are the three places I've laid my head to rest at and they have all been driving me crazy. I barely have time to rest and unwind at any of those places and I've complained so much about at least the first 2 places for over a year. Ideally, I'd like to live by myself in a one-room apartment with my fiance. Now, is it just me? Am I being too sensitive and should I suck it up and stick it out? Place 3 had a temper tantrum this evening which is why I felt like I needed to vent, especially since my fiance is swamped with work. Sigh...thanks for listening.



Submitted January 13, 2017 at 02:17AM by Odontoseavet http://ift.tt/2jKRZS2

No comments:

Post a Comment