Thursday, January 12, 2017

My FMIL and long car rides straight to Hell

On a break at work, so I might as well post a little.

My FMIL who will ever be known as FUCK YOU LITTLE DEBBIE (sorry was that too much enthusiasm?) used to drive me back to hell (I mean home) when I went out to her house to see FDH. FDH doesn't have a license and I did not until I was kicked out of my home in the biggest blow up of the century (which I am thankful Fuck you Little Debbie took me in after because it was a bad time for me, which your drama llamas will never read because this is for MIL not FILs.) But this was before marriage was thought of, when I was younger and more naive.

My home was not a place you took a boy over to. I made the mistake once and cuddled with a girl I was dating. For weeks I was mocked for it. So instead I went to my dates homes. When FDH and I were first dating, I refused to let him in, mainly because of my dad. So we went to his place, where we can be alone in his room without being mocked or made fun of or snooped. The problem with this was his mother.

Fuck you Little Debbie met me at her dinner table first. She looked me over and said I was cute. That it was no wonder FDH likes me, I was showing everything he likes. I was wearing a tank top and I wanted to put it back on and hide in his room. But I steeled my resolve. She meant it to be nice right? It was just creepy. So creepy.

We are her bland cooking and then went back to FDH's room for some Netflix (I swear) and I didn't deal with her until our drive home where I was forced to be with her alone. Why so soon? FDH had to work early and I didn't want him to get up earlier.

On the way home, she talked of God. She asked what denomination I was. I told her I was non-denominational, but I was raised Baptist. True, though I questioned. She told me this was wrong. She was Pentecostal and that was the only true path. She ranted and raved the whole ride home about how I was supposed to put FDH on the right path and God was giving me a sign. I smiled and nodded throughout her rant, but I was more of a non-believer leaving that car. She asked if I ever read the Bible. I told I did, but left out that that was when I was 11. She asked if my mother did. I told her no. "Well, if you need a guide, you let me know." As if my mother was inferior.

Who would have thought I was stepping into crazy?

I was naive. I have more stories about her car rides if anyone wants to hear.



Submitted January 12, 2017 at 11:50PM by wayward_paths http://ift.tt/2jq2TsU

No comments:

Post a Comment