Tuesday, January 24, 2017

TIL I hate broccoli

After buying a 5 lb bag of it from Costco.

As I'm beginning to go through my 20's, I've been trying to be healthier. I started going to the gym during my second year of uni, and I lost a considerable amount of weight since I cook for myself now. I never really ate many vegetables as kid, but lately, I've noticed that I'm able to tolerate more and more of the greens. A vast majority of the meals I've ever cooked involve roasted chicken breast + a random side because of how relatively healthy, cheap, and simple it is to make.

A few days ago, I decided to add broccoli into my rotation of sides, so being a frugal college student, I tagged along to Costco where I picked up a 5 pound bag of it despite avoiding it for the last five years. I just got around to cooking it an hour ago. Put it in a pan with some chopped onions, tossed it with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, and placed some seasoned chicken breasts on top before throwing it into the oven. It came out soggy and the broccoli flavor was way too overpowering. I had to drench it in salsa and dressing in order to make it through, and there's still a few florets in the dish in front of me.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make it through the other 4.5 lbs?



Submitted January 24, 2017 at 03:42AM by DanzoDiver http://ift.tt/2jrZ8CR

No comments:

Post a Comment