Friday, January 13, 2017

22 [M4F] Arkansas/Anywhere - Cripplingly lonely and nearing pure desperation, basically everything you want in a man.

Well considering all attempts at messaging people to get their attention fail, as every female who posts on here has their inbox flooded... And any attempt at posting my own post before seems to get lost in an equal flood of other men's posts vying for attention via the gushiest or wittiest title, I can't seem to actually get to the part where I truly introduce myself to someone. I mean sure, absolutely, I can post that I'm 22, live in Arkansas, am about 6 foot 6, black curly hair, biracial (Dad was black, mom was white), interests include video-games, cooking, music, writing... But there's a point where you have to realize that a bullet point list doesn't really tell someone who you are.

I'm not the biggest fan of simply dumping stuff about me publicly, especially not when it tracks to a reddit account that I actually use, under a name that I use for quite a lot of other online functions... I've come to a point where I can only hope that I can interest someone by baring important things about me immediately, and maybe attempting to continue a conversation after you've actually gotten to know me. So....

My interest in games started very very young, my grandfather would have me on his lap as he worked on computers (as was his small business he ran out of his home). We have pictures of me sitting in a hi-chair at about 2 with a SNES controller "playing" DKC1 (Which remains one of my favorite game franchises of all time). From there I grew up with a computer with an emulator with many many SNES and Genesis games. I also had quite a few computer games, an N64, playstation, Gameboy color, stuff like that... I started with MMOs pretty early, playing Maplestory back when Wizet was the American distributor for the game. Played a lot of other lesser known games as well, as I found a ton of the games I'd play on "www.download.com" which was owned by C-Net. May still be around, haven't checked. Also played Adventure Quest a lot.

I didn't have a lot of friends who also played video-games at the time, in-fact I didn't have a lot of friends period. When I was very young, 3 or so, I moved from Arkansas to Oregon. I was home-schooled and didn't really get much social exposure. We lived in a nice little neighborhood, though, and I got to knew the kids around there. At 10~11 we moved back from Oregon to Arkansas and I haven't really made friends since. I really don't like living here in the slightest. The southern part of the state is rural to an obscene extent, as I live in a "town" of 114 people. The closest Wal-Mart is 30 miles away. We recently had a Dollar General open up in the town, though, and that's where I'm currently employed.

I don't really LIKE my job, but I really like the people I work with. They're really nice people, they're fun and have a good attitude and great sense of humor. I've been working there for about a year, I hope to start working doing something I actually want to do though, something that will be a career.

Obviously I have interest in video games, to the point where I consider it a hobby. I'm not just interested in playing them, but in reading about them, learning the concepts and philosophy behind them, and hopefully eventually applying all of this information myself. The genre I'm most passionate about is Fighting Games, I'm not 100% sure why I gravitated to them, but I really enjoy competing, and they seem to click the most with how my brain works strategically. Anyways, that would obviously be one of my preferred career paths, game development. The other is cooking.

When I was young I really wanted to learn how to cook, and I was started by cooking one of the most fantastically simple dishes possible. An omelette. I was thrilled, and tried to find any sort of excuse to cook for my grandparents. I enjoy...creating things, which is part (or most) of why I enjoy writing. I especially enjoy seeing other people enjoy what I've made/done for them. Making omelettes made me dislike eggs though. I was going to cook an omelette once, when I was younger, and one of the eggs was frozen (due to it being way in the back of the refrigerator), which was incredibly disgusting to me at the time. I refused to eat eggs for quite a while, and I still don't really like them. The only egg dish I enjoy now is sunny side up.

Since you've gotten through that minor wall of text, I'll treat you to why I'm feeling lonely right now. About 10ish months ago I posted here and actually got a reply. I was stoked, of course, as I had come out of an incredibly long period of time with basically no meaningful relationship with a female, not even friendship. After exchanging quite a lot of text (Which is an extremely fond memory), we took it to skype and chatted even harder. Stayed up way too late just talking about whatever. Next day, more chatting, seems good. After that, much less, she was "swamped with work". That's fine, I still got to talk to her. Days between talking became weeks, then months. And after 6 months of her not talking to me, that's when I finally gave up. Not too long after that marks this moment right now. The loneliness is crushing. Not even having the hope of someone coming back anymore is apparently too much now. I'm...honestly alright, I'm not in "danger" per-say, but I'm having a lot of trouble enjoying anything anymore. And I'm sitting here, right now, typing this. Dreading going to work in the morning because I really don't want to work a job I don't really like that much while feeling like this. It's the sort of thing that makes me contemplate quitting, at which point I have no more job options, at least not really.

So uh... I have more to say, but I think this has gone on long enough.

If you wanna hear more, message me. I can't do kik, I'm not one for typing on phones. I actually prefer using Steam for all my chatting (Which may make me an oddball). I can use skype, or even discord.

The observant will have noticed I mentioned doing stuff with my grandparents and not my parents. The unobservant will have realized this since I explicitly mentioned it just now. Bonus points if you caught it before that.

Extra mega bonus points if you message me with a wall of text to match my own. I'll be on for an hour or so, sitting here hopeful, then I have to go to bed.

PS- I will be the easiest chump you've ever catfished, just saying. Bring it on, fantasy may be just as good as reality at this point.

PPS- I am -ACTUALLY- looking for a relationship, since I don't know if I made that clear. But if you really just wanna be a cool friend person, that's alright too, just make that clear at some point when/if you message me.



Submitted January 13, 2017 at 02:14AM by Insanity-Engine http://ift.tt/2imICCM

No comments:

Post a Comment