Hey r/cooking.
So here's my dilemma: Do I want to go with a rondeau or a sauteuse?
In short, I like to keep my cookwear fairly minimal, but I've gotten to the point where I know I want a stainless, deep and wide piece, similar to either of those. I currently have a 5.5 and 2.5qt Le Creuset, 12" All clad, and 3Qt sauce, ignoring my other more specialized pieces.
I purchased the skillet and saucepan first, purposefully holding off on other pieces until I know I need them. Now that I've had these two for about a year, I've run into situations where I've needed a piece that fills the role of one of those. Specifically, things like braising chicken with a sauce, some larger servings of pasta tossed with veggies / proteins, etc. Honestly, I generally haven't found something I can't do in either my larger DO or the 12", but there's times I'd prefer to work in stainless but I'm size restricted, and that's the big thing I'd like to get around.
I feel like I'm slightly leaning to the rondeau because I suspect it'll be easier to move around. I believe their primarily designed for braising, yes? I tried to do my research, but truthfully, the pans feel pretty close together. All Clad states the rondeau is for "braising, roasting, deep-frying, boiling and blanching," and the sauteuse is for " making sauces and gravy, pan-roasting or reheating foods."
Any feedback? Thanks all.
Submitted January 13, 2017 at 02:14AM by ShinyTile http://ift.tt/2jdRRcQ
No comments:
Post a Comment