Friday, January 13, 2017

I'm [22F] worried that me and my boyfriend [29M] of two years may change and grow apart when we move in together

So basically I've been with my boyfriend for two years but known him for 3. He's an absolutely amazing supportive, kind and gentle man and has been the best friend and boyfriend through every up and down and every decision I had to make

We recently bought a house together. I couldn't be happier that we now get to wake up & go to sleep together every day and everything in between. I had quite a bit of savings and money I inherited and I wanted to put it in to property so it seemed like the perfect thing to do!

However during making the decision to buy the house and put both of our names on the deed we've had to, quite rightly for legal reasons, consider the potential of us breaking up & what turmoil that could cause

I've read lots of articles about how much people change in there twenties and about how most couples don't stay together from early twenties to late twenties. Obviously my boyfriend is older than me and more settled. I'm not your typical twenty-two year old, I don't like nights out, I have a settled job and I enjoy things like cooking, baking & hiking, very different from my friends who are my age. I can see myself staying with him and I can see him supporting me and encouraging me to grow through any changes...

I guess what I'm trying to say is does anyone have any advice for staying together, keeping the spark alive and staying in love? I don't ever want to become more like roomies than boyfriend & girlfriend...

I want to live with him, marry him and start a family with him in the next 5 ish years but I'm worried this will happen and I will grow apart and end up alone and trying to sell a joint house.

All of my friends are still partying and having one night stands which I've never ever enjoyed but I feel like they're all judging me for settling down and I feel like none of them think that it will last

I love to travel but we do this together. I'm worried one day though I will regret not taking my youth to travel the world - but my boyfriend has a great job he couldn't up and leave. My boyfriend would be very supportive if I said I did want to leave for a while and go travelling with friends, but this is something I couldn't do with a house & a mortgage. And it's something I'm not even sure I would want to do without my boyfriend...

The house is in the countryside with loads of walks near by, a open fire and near my friends and family. I can't wait to start our lives in it but I'm worried I'm going to go down the route that all young couples seem to go down AND have a lot more to lose...

tl;dr: Me and my lovely boyfriend have bought a house together, and as I am young I am worried that I'm settling down to soon even though I really want to?



Submitted January 13, 2017 at 04:20AM by rosie995772 http://ift.tt/2jLpK5K

No comments:

Post a Comment