I just spent the last 50 days being vegan. I knew it was going to be difficult because I love cooking and eating meat and have no moral dilemma about doing so. The vegan meat shaming I had to read in order to get to recipes drove me insane. I needed to lose some weight though and the whole foods approach seemed somewhat logical. Every day was miserable, I ended up losing 17 pounds but the trade off wasn't worth it. I had to supplement with vitamins, should have been my first red flag. I went from full and content to extremely hungry in a matter of minutes. I had to quit lifting due to heat flashes and dizziness. Although some of the Indian and ethnic recipes were still very enjoyable the day to day quick/snack meals were miserable and not enjoyable . I did however enjoy cutting out dairy, I used to drink a gallon of milk every 2 days, and eating non processed whole foods. This lead me to Paleo, after reading some sources I have a few questions. Can I eat a few slices of sourdough bread a week that I ferment myself? I really enjoy the process and homemade sourdough bread is one of my all time favorite foods. Are lentils ok? Why do some vegan sources recommend not to cook with olive oil and only use it as a dressing? Are steal cut oats and any form of rice ok? Do I have to completely give up beer? I realize you guys are a lot more lax about the rules then a lot of diets so if any of these things are ok in moderation what would the weekly ideal intake be? I am a 5'9 185 pound m/26. Thank you for your time.
Submitted January 13, 2017 at 06:30AM by xmissqtx49 http://ift.tt/2ijYMBO
No comments:
Post a Comment