Monday, January 23, 2017

Me (20 M) works while my gf (20 F) stays home all day. It's been two months she hasn't had a job now.

I work as an aircraft records assistant and make enough money to support the both of us, but I'm tired of bearing the full financial burden. My gf is applying for jobs, but is applying to jobs in other cities where they require a degree and certification in graphic arts, her prime interest. I am fully supportive of her pursuit in a career in graphic arts, but at the same time I've expressed to her that I have to pay all the bills and that even with a decent job, I'm able to save next to nothing every month, making my desired move to Massachusetts frustratingly out of my reach. We live less than one mile from a plethora of stores she could work at, not to mention the diner and thrift store we live directly next to. I'm stressed about finances constantly because for the first time in my life, I get to show my family that I can be self-sufficient, and I'm trying very hard to keep it that way, despite the fact I missed my phone bill due date and don't have a phone for the next week. When I tell her she should just get a part-time job, she responds with "part-time jobs distract you from looking for the full time jobs and you end up stuck there." Wtf? It's PART-time. Work part-time and job hunt part time. I get the feeling that she feels like cleaning, cooking every once in awhile, and fucking me make up for not having a job and contributing financially, but it doesn't. At all.

tl;dr: Girlfriend has been out of work for two months, and financial stress and impatience is getting to me.



Submitted January 23, 2017 at 11:54PM by troublewithtails513 http://ift.tt/2kc2SZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment