Hi guys, I recently graduated high school and am currently waiting for responses for university applications. (I'm in Brisbane, Australia) I've already got one offer in Brisbane and I'm fairly sure I'll get another one from Sydney. If I take the offer which is in Brisbane, I'll have to stay in the same house as my parents for who knows how long. I tried to ask if I could stay on campus, reasoning that transport would be too difficult since I'll have to take the bus which only comes every 20-30 minutes and I don't have my driver's license yet. However, they didn't take the bait.
I'm so tempted to go to Sydney so I can avoid as much contact with my parents as possible. I really want to move out as soon as I can, but I don't know whether I'm just being rash. I don't even know whether they'll allow me to go. There's a stupid part of me that thinks that if I stay here, that I'll eventually make amends with my parents and they'll accept me. Ever since my brother started medicine, my parents seem to be really happy with him and my dad is actually nice to him. So, there's a part of me that hopes that something similar will happen with me even though I'm doing engineering, a choice my parents don't exactly agree with. Going to sydney also means I have to leave all my friends behind and I'll have to start over again. (I mean, even if I stay in Brisbane I'll still have to do that to a certain extent, but it wouldn't be as bad) I'm also doubting my capabilities to live by myself or with a roommate. I mean I'm half decent at cooking, I've washed dishes, I've vacuumed and I've cleaned toilets before - surely I can live independently...right? I don't know. I'm so indecisive.
So what do you think? Should I move out or not? Am I being too rash and impulsive? By the way, I'm 17 if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Submitted January 12, 2017 at 10:11PM by nonexistent_places http://ift.tt/2jdxEnB
No comments:
Post a Comment