Thursday, March 9, 2017

Accidentally left potato soup on low in crock pot for 12 hours -.- plz help

So I made this really awesome potato soup 100% from scratch yesterday and the day before. I cooked an entire chicken, cut up the chicken, started making stock from the chicken bones, and while that was cooking i boiled some potatoes, fried up the bacon, celery, onions, and carrots, and put the chicken, bacon, and veggies all in the fridge overnight. I figured I'd throw it in the crock pot the next morning after I made the creamy broth part, and by the time my boyfriend got home from work he could shut it off and it would be perfect. So I make a nice thick milky cheddar cheese soup broth, mix in my home made chicken stock, add some chopped green onions abd fresh parsley and it was FUCKING PERFECT. I tried it. I should have stopped right there and put it in the fridge because I forgot to tell my boyfriend it needed to get shut off and it was literally cooking on low from like noon until 10:30 pm when I got home. The broth is all runny now and you can't really taste the chicken but I'm OK with that I guess, it's not horrible but it thinned out a lot and doesn't have that nice creamy texture. It definitely doesn't taste cheesey. The smoky taste from the bacon kind of overtook the broth, or maybe it's smoky tasting cuz it's burnt? I'm not sure. After working on this for 3 days now I really don't want to throw it out or bring it into work for all the savage vultures I work with to eat, so I'd really like to save this if I can. I'd if I should just make a new cream base and add it to it and see if it thickens up, or just make a roux and add some of the existing stock to it to thicken it up, but now it's not very creamy so idk if it needs more milk or if I should grab some heavy cream...... help me! :(



Submitted March 09, 2017 at 10:09AM by Molllydollly http://ift.tt/2lHCrzD

No comments:

Post a Comment