Thursday, March 9, 2017

Adding onions later?

Ok so the way I'm used to do cooking is i put oil in my pan and add onions. I don't even really think about it.

So I brought this curry-paste yesterday and the instructions told me to roast the spices first and so I did and it kinda fucked with my order, causing me to forget to add the onions after I had toasted the spices and only much later did I realize my mistake.

So I went on to adding the onions when the dish was almost done because I was like fuck it, this shit needs onions. And much to my surprise it turned out amazing.

This might not seem like a big deal but it added so much to the dish and it got me wondering if this is actually common practice? I've never come across a recipe that adds the onions later.

Is this a thing or did I just discover something?



Submitted March 09, 2017 at 09:22AM by Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm http://ift.tt/2m6hLNY

No comments:

Post a Comment