Thursday, March 9, 2017

But the chicken, but the fridge

Hi all:

I put some frozen chicken down in the fridge to thaw. It was pre-seasoned and from the store, wrapped in plastic on one of those little styrofoam trays. I wrapped the package in saran wrap for good measure.

Well, I was invited to dinner by the boss and thought it would be a good opportunity, so I passed up making myself my chicken dinner. Next morning I realize my chicken is still in the fridge and has probably overthawed.

My question is should the plastic wrap of the chicken's packaging and extra layer of plastic wrap I gave it be enough to prevent contaminating anything else in the fridge nearby?

(Disclaimer: I was raised by a mother who practically prepared chicken in a HAZMAT suit, so if the question seems paranoid, know that I come by it honestly.) ;)



Submitted March 09, 2017 at 11:18AM by sleuthwood http://ift.tt/2lHMGEk

No comments:

Post a Comment