Thursday, March 9, 2017

What to look for in a used Kitchenaid stand mixer

After reading many posts regarding the value of a used kitchenaid mixer and their longevity, I found one on Craigslist in my local area for a price I'm OK with. I'll be looking at it this afternoon and purchasing it if I'm satisfied with it. My question is this: how can I test/inspect it to make sure it's not damaged in any way? I plan on looking at the outside, tilting the head a few times, looking at the attachment mechanism, and running the motor. What else can I do or look for to make sure it's a good buy? For completeness, it's a Kitchenaid Artisan, and it comes only with the whisk. (I'll be buying the other necessary attachments. I was able to lower the price because it was missing them) Thanks in advance for your help! P.S. full disclosure: I tried to post on /r/cooking as well, but unfortunately it wasn't accepted for whatever reason.



Submitted March 09, 2017 at 10:00AM by brosnanm11 http://ift.tt/2nahs5G

No comments:

Post a Comment