Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Am I [23M] making mountains out of molehills here? My roommate [22M] can't seem to take no for an answer..

We're old coworkers that recently moved in together (or, rather, I moved into his place and were riding out the lease, then well probably get an apartment together. Probably.).

He loves to cook, man. And don't get me wrong, he's all sorts of good at it, but sometimes I'm just not really feeling it, you know? He'll always ask if I want some, usually I say yeah, but a few times recently I said no thanks, I already ate or something like that. He says ok, then goes on and cooks for himself.

Sounds ok? No, because he went ahead and cooked two portions anyway. I mean, I can't just not eat what he spent the last hour cooking. I sort of feel like it's a weird power play, or something. I don't know.

And you know, that's not really even the issue, I'm honestly just grumpy because it's 2AM and I'm wired because he made coffee for no reason at 9. And I said I was good, I won't sleep if I drink that shit at 4, let alone 9! And he's got an early flight tomorrow that I'm driving him too. I just want to sleep.

I don't know. He's very excitable, and honestly very excited that we're living together, but.. well, I'm not.

I mean, I like him and we get along, but he always seems like he's trying very hard to get along. For example, he's always agreeing with me (I've tried it, we'll be discussing whatever and I'll get him to agree to two contradictory statements). I don't even think he listens to what I'm saying half the time.

Maybe this stuff will iron itself out, or I'll figure out a way to convince myself to meet him halfway.. but as it stands, honestly he drains me.

tl;dr my roommate likes to cook shit and doesn't listen to me when I say no, so I feel pressured into eating his food. It sounds like a nonissue, but I feel like it's some sort of weird power play.

Am I making sense? Has anyone else dealt with someone like this?



Submitted March 01, 2017 at 02:07AM by TrashcanAccountant http://ift.tt/2loug6j

No comments:

Post a Comment