Tuesday, February 28, 2017

[help] should I take my dog to get stitches?

So tonight, my 8 m/o German Shepherd somehow cut her front leg open whIle I was cleaning my apartment and I really don't know how or what she did. Unfortunately it happened later in thw evening to where only ER vets are available to take her to

I did not think it was an emergency as she seems, and still seems, to have hardly noticed that it had happened

I didn't even notice until her leg was dripping blood.

I immediate flushed out the wound and cut the hair around it.

I'd say the wound is about 2cm long and 1-2cm wide (sorry I don't have a picture because my phone was dead when it happened and she is now sleeping like the adorable pup she is)

It's not incredibly deep, but it is deeper than a run of the mill cut (like I would liken it to cutting ones finget with a cooking knife) and it definitely seems like it was a clean cut as well.

Is this something I should get stitched up? Or should I be fine if I just contunually flush it out and treat it at home? It's just tough because it's literally right on the border of needing stitches and not needing stitches. And I certainly don't need to take her to an ER vet. But I also know that cant wait too long to stitch something up. I'm just in a bit of a pickle really haha

Sorry, I know to generally not ask the internet for help.

Also, we didn't have any peroxide or anything in our apartment, so I used vodka to disinfect the wound and then I wrapped it in gauze.

Is this ok? It wasn't flavored or anything, so there shouldn't have been any sugar to attract bateria. I'm assuming it's ok because she definitely felt some stinging when I applied the alcohol onto the wound.



Submitted March 01, 2017 at 02:11AM by JaDinklageMorgoone http://ift.tt/2m6LvgL

No comments:

Post a Comment