Saturday, December 31, 2016

How do you peel your peppers (chili and/or bell)?

I like to use bell and chili peppers in various stew-like recipes I know (I'm a bit of a Austrian-Hungarian cooking enthusiast--lots of nice, savory stews). The only problem is that I get lots of little curled-up pepper skin straws throughout, which detract from the experience a little bit. I know the technique for peeling tomatoes (water at rolling boil, put in tomatoes, remove when skin splits, let cool, skin pulls off super easy), but the same technique doesn't seem to work so well with bell peppers, or at least not in the same time frame.

What's your preferred, simple method of peeling these delicious little bastards?



Submitted December 31, 2016 at 10:33PM by Crotchfirefly http://ift.tt/2ikRTyS

No comments:

Post a Comment