Saturday, December 31, 2016

Is there any 'official word' on cooked v raw eggs? Am hearing cooked is better, and that it doesn't matter..

I've read both and cannot figure out which is the case, I hope it's that raw eggs are just as good (in the context of amino acid bioavailability) since, personally, half (maybe more) of my eggs are un-cooked (I cook eggs often, but also add at least 1 egg to every smoothie so minimum 2/day un-cooked)

I've read that cooking the white (where almost all of the protein is) 'denatures' it, causing it to be superior to un-cooked (for dem gains), but I've yet to find anything conclusive about this and my (very rudimentary) understanding of 'denature' means 'mangles the proteins', which to me sounds like a negative not a positive, unless the commonly cited nutrition facts for an egg are about a cooked egg (if so, cooked...how? Over-cooking certainly destroys things like this fast) but I always figured they'd use raw to get those facts (a serving of beef, do they get the protein grams/lbs from raw meat, or cooked meat? If cooked, that brings in a lot more questions!)

I know this is minutiae but I eat a good amount of eggs and would really like to know this! Thanks for anything verifiable about how the aminos in eggs react to cooking, in the context of those aminos getting into my blood and then muscles!!



Submitted December 31, 2016 at 08:54PM by neovngr http://ift.tt/2hFKJpF

No comments:

Post a Comment