Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wilderness fasting

I have done a previous 5 day fast and 7 day fast, as well as in recent months doing two 36 hour fasts per week. To try something different I thought I would take myself kayaking in the Coorong National Park which is 200km south of were I live in Adelaide South Australia. I took all the normal gear, tent, sleeping bag, mat etc, but no food (or cooking equipment, it certainly made packing easier). I left my 4WD on the eastern shore of the southern lagoon and paddled 2km across to the western edge of the lagoon. I had to take plenty of water with me, the Coorong is hyper-saline and there are no water sources around. I am on day four of the fast and its all going well. Its a different environment and somehow that difference makes the fasting easier. I brought some Lite-salt and multi-vitamins as well just in case.

I have not done a lot of extra kayaking while I have been here, but everyday I have gone on for a short paddle. No one to bother me, I have not seen anyone for 4 days.

No temptation to go and look in the fridge here. Its a 2km paddle back to the mainland and a 50km drive north to the first town that sells food. Day 5 tomorrow and I will head back home and break the fast Tuesday morning.

For anyone interested this is where I am on google maps

And there is a photo of my campsite here



Submitted December 31, 2016 at 10:19PM by greg-oz http://ift.tt/2hXLqXE

No comments:

Post a Comment