Saturday, December 31, 2016

I started my journey Dec 2014 at 346. Today Dec 2016, I'm 165. Progress pics and short story

Lets get the stats out the way! 27F, 5'7. SW-346 CW-165 GW -150...Maybe, for now. Would love to be 135-145 but who knows. Stay at home mom so besides getting to the gym pretty sedentary life style.

The pictures! http://ift.tt/2ipLEb4

December 2014. My nephew was just born and we had his baptism. I normally shy away from pictures but i wanted some with my first nephew. I was so proud. Taking a look at the picture though just made me miserable. (It's the first face picture and the first body picture). Fast forward a couple weeks and I'm browsing reddit and find a post from this sub. A guy that lost so much weight and claiming all he did was log his food! He didn't exercise he didn't change so much the way he ate, he just logged it. I took a long look at the FAQ..Btw anyone just starting out the FAQ has so much useful info. Downloaded the app Loseit! In febuary 2015, that was the first major step. The worst thing i could do though at the time i did. I restricted my self HARD. No carbs or as little as i could. I thought that was the only way i could lose. My metabolism is terrible, i have a severely under active thyroid that at the time i was not on my meds (Don't ever do that to your self, take your medication). I almost quit trying to lose weight a month in. I never knew what to eat and i was miserable. I mean, i loved bread, i love pasta. I go back to reddit. I'll never be able to credit this site, and more inparticualary , you guys for my weight loss. Reading again helped me realize I DON'T have to cut out everything i love. Just portion it better.

So here comes mid 2015. I get a food scale. Possibly one of the best things I've ever gotten. And it wasn't even a digital one, it was an old weight watchers one my mom found. But it worked. I could tell how much weighing your food and getting accurate measures of all the meat i thought was only 4 oz, or how much a table spoon of peanut butter or mayo really looks like. Come may i finally made the switch over to myfitnesspal. And I haven't looked back since. 526 days of logging on my fitness pal. That thing is a life saver. By the end of 2015, i got a digital food scale and by that point i was really into what went into my mouth. I started looking at labels when food shopping. And guess what, all this time i was still able to have a slice of pizza if I wanted, chocolate if i wanted, a burger if i wanted. Just all about watching your calories for the day and planning ahead if you know you may be going out or having a bigger lunch or dinner.

I didn't start working out until Febuary 2016, and i fell in love with the gym. I got a fitbit, and watching that was something that kept me motivated. In this time from 2014 to 2016 i went from never cooking to cooking every single day. I've gotten better at it. Of course my little ones are picky so sometimes its alot of the same stuff but i make or tweak mine to my liking.

The key things that helped me get to this point -digital food scale -this subreddit -my fitnesspal -my fitbit

I still have a ways to go for me to be happy. The loose skin we don't like to think about? It's a thing, and it sucks. I hate it. I got it pretty bad. My arms, my stomach my butt my legs. I have what i like to call batwings. I can't afford surgery so I hope in a few years some of it tightens up. When i look in the mirrior? I don't see 165 i see rolls, and stretchy skin. It keeps me pretty down sometimes. Sometimes i think what all was it for, if i'll still never look like how i want to. But i try to look at the pros. I can do things i couldn't before. Wear things i couldn't before. Hopefully added some years onto my life. I was able to drop my blood pressure medicine, and knock on wood that has been perfect for a year and change now. I've been sort of maintaining the last 3 months because i needed a break. I've been hovering between 165 and 170 since august. I know i can maintain atleast now. It's a new year though. And i'm ready to get my butt back into the gym, and hopefully drop the last 15 i want to lose. Thanks for taking the time out to read this if you did! I wish everyone luck on their journey. If i can do this, after making excuses for 25 years why i couldn't then YOU CAN DO IT.



Submitted December 31, 2016 at 06:06PM by Missbrooklyn25 http://ift.tt/2itOlLd

No comments:

Post a Comment