Saturday, December 31, 2016

Keto in Japan

Hello Everyone, I've been doing Keto now for about a year and a half. I've lost over 120lbs and feel amazing, still need to loose about another 80lbs to get to my goal. However, in about a year I'm moving to Japan for work and do not want to break Keto.

Japan has a lot of carbs, they add sugar to a lot of sauces, rice/noodles with many meals etc. I know that in restaurants I can ask for no rice or noodles. I read another poster's comments who had lived in Japan for several years and said keto in Japan wasn't all that hard/bad. Just a lot of home cooking. Which is A-Ok with me as I do most that now.

I'm looking for any advice/recipes/sake alternatives/Brands with less sugar etc or just any thing you have found helpful while in Japan. I'm moving to northern Japan, Aomori/Akita area if this helps.

I've noticed the prices of some vegetables are higher (cauliflower, zucchini, etc) our typical go to for rice replacements, has anyone found further alternatives such as kabocha squash.

Any advice on the matter is appreciated.

Best regards



Submitted December 31, 2016 at 05:07PM by ShanHikari http://ift.tt/2ipvG0z

No comments:

Post a Comment