We met as I was moving 3 hrs away to go to nursing school. It was a stressful short term transitional program and he did a fantastic job supporting me through the stress. When I graduated at the beginning of the month (Dec), I moved back to the town he was in and moved in with him. We were able to visit on weekends frequently, but I've been in my studies the whole time. I begin work at the end of January and I've spent most of the time fixing up the house making it habitable for a girl...organizing, cleaning, and studying for the NCLEX, cooking dinners for us.
The romance is gone. Im seeing a lot of stuff that kind of kills it for me....he eats big bowls of ice cream every night, picks his shirt up and scratches his growing belly, he blows his nose loudly, he doesnt do a lot of chores...smokes a lot more cigarettes than I thought, snores.
I'm finding myself slipping away after he falls asleep to another bed in the house, trying to be busy out in town when he comes home from work, reading books in the back room when he's watching tv...and avoiding/distracting when he wants to make love. Just not feeling it.
Just wondering if everybody goes through a disenchantment phase.
tl;dr: Moved in with boyfriend, romance is gone. Will it come back? Or is this a sign of the end.
Submitted December 27, 2016 at 07:59AM by firstnurse http://ift.tt/2i3b3JF
No comments:
Post a Comment