Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Will the harringay ladder ever Gentrify?

As an unabashed hipster wannabe, I notice that the surrounding areas (except wood green) around the harringay ladder, feel very different, Crouch end, stoke newington, ally pally. Even Tottenham. is beginning to show a few grass roots of a yoga studio popping up. Harringay, green lanes is now an island surrounded by gentrified areas.

Green lanes has awful traffic problems, high pollution, overrun with pound and betting shops, glaring bright flourcent bulbs, about 8 pharmacies (how many people need a pharmacy in one 800 metre strip amazes me?!). Begging is pretty commonplace. It's not unusual to see blobs of plhem on the street, with zooped up cars reving and blasting out awful tacky europop. You'll regularly see dumped rubbish every morning. I even saw someone cooking heroin on a spoon in the high street.

My question/rant is has the gentrification that swept through dalston , stoke newington, sort of just stopped at manor house. Do you think it will ever budge, or will the ladder always be stubbornly run down?

I realise this post may anger irritate some people, in the way I characterise the area, or show contempt to the negative impacts of gentrification.



Submitted December 27, 2016 at 05:17AM by CasperOrg http://ift.tt/2izwN0F

No comments:

Post a Comment