Tuesday, January 31, 2017

25/F/Melbourne AU. I just miss writing letters!

Hello! I'm looking for someone from anywhere to chat with about basically anything and everything. I have so much cute stationery and I never get to write letters anymore. I am a full time student (marketing) and a part time checkout chick/waitress but somehow have a lot of free time. Long post here but I want people to know what they are getting into!

Things I like and would like to talk about:

History. I am currently studying marketing but I already have a full university degree in Arts majoring in history and theology (and minoring in criminology and genetics... yea what a weird combo). My history subjects included ancient religions, salem witch trials, history of the Papacy, and an entire unit on King Arthur... a man who didn't even exist. The most interesting unit I ever did was about mysticism and if it was the only thing I got out of my degree it would have been worth it.

Reading. Mainly fantasy but sometimes branch out. Currently reading The Princess Bride and my all time favourites include Harry Potter and American Gods. Would love to chat about book recommendations.

TV shows. Currently watching Bleach, Black Mirror, Please Like me, and Star Trek but my all time favourites are Mad Men, Doctor Who, and Parks and Rec. Could actually talk about DW for days but would love a chat about any shows!

Sports. In the past I've done basketball, softball, dancing, cheerleading, and netball but I also love to watch baseball, NFL, AFL, and ice hockey (the US sports I like to casually watch every once in a while but don't know a lot about the current season. Would love to learn!)

Music. I really enjoy Kpop (yea, I know) but my music taste is crazily varied and would love to talk about music recommendations and try new things.

Italian. I am attempting to learn Italian this year and would love someone to practice with. I actually learned Italian up to year 12 in high school and used it when I travelled to Italy, but, have not practiced since then and most of it has been lost!

FOOD! I am a big fan of cooking and trying new things. My best friend and I have a cooking day about once a month and try a completely new or crazy recipe and cook all day and then eat way too much. I would love to talk about recipe ideas (including vegan/vegetarian/gluten free/whatever because I live with 2 vegans and a vegetarian even though I eat meat and I have a few GF friends) or little cooking hacks that you have. Sharing food is the best way to enjoy it!

Some other things about me: I love wine (specifically reds and even more specifically pinot noir) I love 40's and 50's fashion and used to do swing dancing but it started to clash with other commitments I'm planning on travelling to the US at the end of 2018 and would love to hear travel stories or recommendations for that too! Can return the favour for my home town of Melbourne or my own previous trips to Japan and Europe.

If you want to be my penpal you will receive letters on very pretty stationery (obviously the best part)



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 09:10PM by justabitmoresonic http://ift.tt/2jTEu1b

No comments:

Post a Comment