Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Me [26/M] with my GF [26/F] of 7 months, she is homesick and wants me to move with her back home across the country

My girlfriend and I met on Tinder last early last year and what I thought would be nothing turned into one of the more meaningful relationships in my life. We've been dating since June of 2016, and since then fallen for each other respectively.

She's a nurse (Nursing/Bachelor's Degree) and hates her job or at least she hates it because she doesn't have her family to support her. She's phrased it the latter way before. (I don't mean anything here critically, it's difficult to phrase)

I am a self-taught web-developer (Associates Degree) working for a small local, digital agency making a pretty good salary for not having a Bachelor's Degree and limited experience in the field.

We have a very healthy relationship of going out every now in then, playing sports together, cooking at home, a very well-rounded experience.

A few weeks ago she says she has something ("nothing bad" she said) to tell me and comes over that night. I originally wasn't going to see her until later the week, but she asked to come over which was fine - I didn't think it was anything bad as she mentioned.

She said that she is planning to move back home, Wisconsin, when her lease is up, September 2017, and she wanted me to come with her. Now previously, she had told me that I/our relationship was the only reason she stayed in Texas when she realized how homesick she was last year and got her apartment, September 2016. I eventually knew she'd want to move back home, but I didn't think it'd be so quickly.

I have a few dilemmas here.

  1. I love/deeply care for her and I could see myself marrying her in the future
  2. If we move to Wisconsin, I imagine she'd want to live there forever since her family/friends from growing up live there and she's very close with them/her family
  3. I don't like Wisconsin or at least I think I don't. I'm a city-boy at heart but I love playing sports and doing things outdoors. I know Wisconsin is great for 5 or so months of the year but I don't know if the other 7, super cold/not outdoor weather, would lead to me being unhappy and our relationship suffering in the long haul.
  4. Employment. Less emotional and more logical. I'll need a job and I feel like my lack of education will impede me in finding a job that I'll either enjoy or make a decent salary.

I know she's set on moving back and I haven't ruled out going with her, but I don't know if I could make it my forever home.


tl;dr: girlfriend is homesick/wants to move back home and invited me to come with here. I don't think I'll be happy there - home is Wisconsin, we're currently in Texas.



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 04:33PM by OutsideLookingIn17 http://ift.tt/2kRz3gO

No comments:

Post a Comment