Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Do you put a drip tray under your slow cooker? Might be a good idea.

I'm trying a new recipe today, Perogy and Kielbasa casserole. I got the crock pot going a couple of hours ago and was downstairs in my office. I was getting distracted by the delicious aroma of my supper cooking upstairs, so I went upstairs to check on it and found a stream of creamy sauce all down the front of my cabinets and a growing puddle on the floor. I've never had this happen before. I presume it's the cream cheese and perogies creating a creamy sauce that froths as it boils. After cleaning the mess up, I put the slow cooker in a tray to catch drips and turned it to LOW. This will be new S.O.P. with the slow cooker. I shudder to thing of the mess I would have found if I had been gone all day. Tip: If you're trying a new recipe, try it first when you are home most of the day.



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 05:29PM by ibeenmoved http://ift.tt/2jTitQ9

No comments:

Post a Comment