Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Anyone else feel unappreciated?

New to reddit, so sorry if this is out of place but I had to put it somewhere. Hoping someone can relate.

I'm a new dad of a two month old daughter, engaged to baby mama and love them both to the moon. In the beginning, things were great. Figuring out how to be parents together was the most chaotic fun I've ever had.

Then, I went back to work. I work full-time with about an hour commute each day. I'm also the cook/dishwasher in the house. We do our best to split laundry and general household cleaning, but I'm gone from 6am until 5pm, and then cooking dinner and meals for the next day, then dishes, then whatever laundry hasn't gotten done.

Lately, all we can seem to do is argue because I'm told I'm not doing enough with the baby. I try to explain everything that I do get done, but you can imagine how that goes. I know I'm doing my best to spend as much time with the baby as I can while still making sure we pay bills, eat, and don't live in a dump, but when my fiancee tells me I'm not doing my fair share and I "just don't get it because I'm gone all day not having to worry about the baby," it's pretty defeating. Of course I'd rather be home with them than at work for 11 hours, but such is life.

Sorry for the life story, but I'm just hoping for a fresh perspective. Maybe I'm actually not getting it, or maybe someone has experienced this and has some advice. A brief google search turned up disappointingly little info. Anyway, if you've read this far, cheers.



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 09:00PM by flysdown http://ift.tt/2jTDEkU

No comments:

Post a Comment