Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Dessert that pairs with gumbo?

So pretty much what the title states. I'm making my traditional chicken and sausage gumbo with a nice dark brown roux. So it'll be hearty and savory with a nice kick of heat. I'm looking for a dessert that pairs with it and will almost act as a pallet cleanser in a way. Something refreshing to really end the night with a full belly. That final touch before you have to unbutton your pants and let out an uncomfortable sigh/grunt combo. I was thinking something citrusy but I'm not sure what to make since I'm not really a dessert guy. Also are there any desserts that fit into the tradition "Cajun" category to continue with my theme?



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 08:57PM by TheBigCheeseWheel http://ift.tt/2koKhg1

No comments:

Post a Comment