Tuesday, January 31, 2017

29 [M4F] - Los Angeles/Anywhere - Goofy Dude Looking For Goofy Dudette To Explore Life With

Some important and boring stuff to get out of the way first; it gets better later

Hi there! I’m James, 29/M, and have been living in Los Angeles for about 3 years, but I am originally from the Midwest.

I have my life together. I’ve got a comfortable consulting gig that gives me a comfortable life, I save money, I put extra money into my investing accounts, I’ve got a car, I have a private room/bathroom that I rent in a nice condo in a nice area of West LA, I eat a relatively balanced diet, I work out 5 days a week, and I’m not an alcoholic and I do not smoke.

My friends describe me as one of the most driven people they know (but I don’t really believe that, I just don’t want to make the same mistakes I made when I was in my early 20s).

I am straight, and most importantly, I am single!

Andddd this is me!

Sorry for that wall of text, let’s get to the fun stuff!

I’m here in the hopes of finding an awesome life partner. No, I’m not in a rush to love someone or get married. Someone fun, someone in control of their life like me, relatively healthy physically and emotionally, independent, but a fun loving goofball that laughs at bad dad jokes, loves comedy in any form, smart and capable of sharing the responsibilities of holding a conversation, and someone that doesn’t need anyone else to entertain themselves, but enjoys it when they have someone to share entertainment with.

I say this because I’ve gotten messages and exchanged contact information, only to be disappointed by the fact that they expected me to carry the conversation on my back. It’s a two way street!

Maybe we share some interests that can get some things started:

Travel – I studied and continued to live abroad for almost ten years. Ireland, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Netherlands, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Laos, and Malaysia are the countries I’ve been to. My favorite city is Mae Hong Son – a tiny town tucked in the valley of a mountain range in northern Thailand. Breathtakingly beautiful and for a tiny town, a ton of fun! While abroad, I did some fun things like living with a Karen Hill Tribe for a week that didn’t have any running water, had to run/climb down a mountain while running away from mudslides due to torrential rains, and spent time on some of the most secluded and beautiful beaches in the world. I wish I had more pictures.

TV and Movies – Anything comedy! Parks and Rec should have never ended. The Office, Archer, Bob’s Burgers, Silicon Valley, Airplane, Groundhog Day, Forrest Gump, 40 Year Old Virgen, Shaun of the Dead – the list can continue forever. You name it, I’ve probably seen it! I also enjoy anything space related, so Intersteller, 2001, Gravity, Wall-E, or various other Sci-Fi blockbusters like Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, so on and so forth.

Food – Thai food is the best thing ever. Indian curry is amazing. Japanese everything is scrumptious, but what I really love is cooking on my own. I make the best BBQ everything by cheating and putting it in a pressure cooker. I also have a secret Basil Cashew Chicken Sandwich/Wrap that I hide up my sleeves when I really want to make something delicious. The last thing I cooked was an amazingly well marbled ribeye on a cast iron pan, with a side of asparagus and “grilled” baby tomatoes.

Music – I’ll listen to just about anything except gangster rap and country music. I like EDM like Porter Robinson, Zedd or good ol’ Deadmau5 is awesome. Alt rock like Coldplay is always good. My travels through Asia made me pick up a few bands I enjoy like Se7en, Seo Taiji, Babymetal, Frederick (Oddloop is a really fun song and music video), Galileo Galilei, and Miyavi. My music tastes are very broad, and so long as the lyrics aren’t disgusting or boring like most pop and rap that is released these days, I’ll listen to it.

Games – I’m not playing anything now, but I don’t mind if you are a gamer. Actually, I think bonding over games would be really fun. I own a slew of online games and am willing to play anything from RPGs, shooters or even MOBAs (I’ve never actually played DotA or LoL so go easy on me!)

Sports – I love watching hockey and playing tennis. Bowling is cheesy, but super fun, too! I’d love to go or take the right person to a sporting event!

Other personal interests – I’m big into self-learning through sites like EDX or Coursera. I’m picking up some work related skills in the data science and visualization areas, now. I want to start taking night classes at a local community college in areas that interest me like languages, programming or hobby skills like woodworking or metalworking. I also like to read, but mostly non-fiction. I’m reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People ow. I love all animals, furry and scaly, but I don’t have any of my own. I also love theme parks and amusement parks. I’ve been on around 150 different roller coasters so far!

What kind of Person Am I? – I’m definitely an independent, take care of myself kind of guy. I’m a great listener and can dole out decent advice on life’s problems. I don’t enjoy creating or being a part of drama, and meditation has been a great stress reliever for me whenever I have any. I’m usually up to try anything or go anywhere at a moments notice, so 9PM hiking sounds awesome if you want to invite me! People that don’t know me might say I’m shy, but I bet my friends might say I talk to much – we’ll just say I am passionate! I love to laugh and I crack dad jokes and puns way too often.

So… why look on Reddit?

I’m maybe a little shy when it comes to approaching someone I’m interested in when I’m out and about, but when we do get to talking, I generally warm up very quick. I become very friendly very quickly, because I don’t think we should really fear our fellow human (says the shy guy with approach anxiety - haha!), especially if we are in a normal, public venue. I trust you aren’t going to murder me in the middle of a dive bar or at the library. I’ve been working on this, and have been considering acting lessons to help me break out of my shell moreso than I have now.

Now, I know I’m not a 10 out of 10 stunner, but I don't think I'm the ugliest guy ever and I’m not looking for a perfect 10 myself, but now more than ever, I really want to meet someone that shares some interests, that is fun, light-hearted, maybe a little goofy, and independent. Someone with a solid plan for the future, that doesn’t want to be held down by the man for 50 more years, and is ready to meet Mr. Right. You don’t have to live locally, but you should have some interest in wanting to meet somewhere, sometime down the line.

TL;DR - Goofy dude with a plan for his future is looking for his goofy dudette with a plan for the future, shared interests and someone looking for a relationship.

You should message me with a little information about yourself – you know a ton about me, so now it is your turn, and please something more descriptive than “I like listening to music, watching TV and movies, and eating food”. Yes, everyone else also likes doing those things! What do you do, where do you live, what are you looking for in life and a partner, what is your favorite thing ever and your least favorite thing, or what is something challenging, but fun that you are working on right now?



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 09:38PM by FinalDigital http://ift.tt/2jT3jHV

No comments:

Post a Comment