Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Camping gear for Peru and the Great Glen walk in Scotland.

This summer I am going to Peru for three weeks of camping, walking and community work, I have done my DofE, so I have a decent backpack and basic gear but I would like to upgrade some of my gear (and buy stuff I don't have). I would also like to buy some more gear because me and some friends are planning a trip to Scotland to do the Great Glen walk from Fort William to Inverness.

I am not sure if all of my potential purchases are the best options out there and would like some feedback as to whether they are good and if there are any better alternatives.

  • I am going to pack water purifying tablets but I also think that this is something that would really come in handy and would be useful for when I go to Scotland as we will either have to buy water along the way or just use other methods to purify water.

  • I'm also looking for some sturdy cutlery that can be stored in a compact hand space, but I'm not sure where to start with looking for it.

  • I would also like a metal tin to eat from as I will be packing MREs for when I go to Scotland and I find eating out the packets really difficult, also when I go to Peru and for parts of we will be cooking for ourselves so I need something that can easily fit food and soups in. I really like the design of something like this I also really like the look of this too because it's larger and has more uses. I'm not sure if a more classic design is better or something like this would be better.

  • I am also looking for new hiking boots that are comfortable and durable. My budget for these is no more than (£160).

  • If you guys know of anymore essentials I need, please let me know! (I will be bringing stuff like a small medical kit on both trips)

Thank you for reading this! Have a wonderful day/night :)



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 03:38PM by HeavyTheEngineer http://ift.tt/2jrMIPn

No comments:

Post a Comment