Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Vegetarian chili spice ideas

Hi everyone, I am not good with spices at all!!! I've been making this chili (from a recipe) and I LOVE it. I eat it so often, that I am beginning to desire different spices, just to switch it up. But otherwise I want to keep the same main ingredients. The ingredients are:

Canned beans (2 cans)

Tofu (1 block extra firm)

Tomatoes (3 c chopped)

Corn (1 c frozen)

Zucchini (1)

Green pepper (1)

Onion (1)

Mushrooms (8 oz)

Garlic (a lot ... who's counting the cloves?)

These are the spices I've been using:

1 tsp cayenne pepper, OR chipotle chili powder (hot!)

3-4 tsp chili powder (which is less spicy than cayenne)

2 tsp cumin

1 tsp oregano

This spice combination tastes amazing as it is, but can anyone suggest other spice combinations which would complement the main ingredients? Btw, I don't like anything more than a 2-3 (out of 10) on spiciness level, and it doesn't even have to be "hot" spicy, as long as it's something flavorful. Totally open to anything, including curries or whatnot. I'd just have no idea how much to add, so amounts would be very helpful, too.

Thank you so much!



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 04:18PM by CordialSkeleton http://ift.tt/2kSftRF

No comments:

Post a Comment