Tuesday, January 31, 2017

DIY programmable chiller/sous vide

So I love cooking sous vide but because of my work/work out schedule I get home super late and I've found myself not using it as often as I would like but I found a solution to this. If enough people are interested in my set up I'll do a detailed write up but I just thought I'd throw this out here to see if anyone was interested in doing something similar.

Basically the set up is, programmable wall plugs that i can control from anywhere with my phone, an electric cooler, and my immersion circulator.

So I've worked out how long it takes for the electric cooler to get to a food safe temp (35 F) and that the immersion circulator I have can go from 35 to cooking temp in under 15 minutes and so I just program the cooler to shut off and the circulator to turn on based on the time I'll be home for dinner and how long it takes to cook whatever I'm cooking.

I just thought I'd post this because this seems like a unique solution to possibly a unique problem but I couldn't really find anyone who did something similar so I thought it might help someone out.



Submitted February 01, 2017 at 12:17AM by Xeunieus http://ift.tt/2jUIxdB

No comments:

Post a Comment