Tuesday, January 31, 2017

An OMAD story from a couple of years ago. Looking for motivation to get on it full time again.

I was living in LA with my girlfriend (my wife now, hell yeah) and being around all of the super fit, attractive people had me feeling pretty self conscious. I'm 6'1 and was around 230lbs at the time. I've never been super overweight, but living in LA makes 30 pounds look like fifty. Anyway, I was doing some research and found an interview with an actor who played in the movie Rock N Rolla (great guy Richie film, btw). When asked how he lost so much weight for the role (as a drug addict, heroin chic look, I suppose), he said he ate a can of tuna and a bit of vegetables every day for about six months. Only drank water and coffee or something similar.

So I started doing it. Within three months, I had lost about 35 pounds, at 26, it was the lightest I had been in my adult life. I was feeling amazing. Only thing is, I was only doing it for about a week at a time. The rest of the month, I'd be eating whatever I wanted: stuff high in carbs, tons of sugar, whatever. I was still losing weight.

Then we moved back home to a small town in North Carolina, and I slowly went back to my normal diet. Then it got worse. I was eating a ton of fast food and rarely cooking. I've been slowly trying to clean myself up over the past month or so, and while I'm feeling better, I'm not looking it. I weighed myself the other day and was 240lbs. The heaviest I've ever weighed.

That said, I'm looking to get back to it, and I think I'm gonna start a daily vlog to keep myself in check.

Anywho, thanks for reading. Wish me luck!



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 11:28PM by bellyfold http://ift.tt/2kp1w0J

No comments:

Post a Comment