Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Is it possible to marinate a 2 kilogram roast beef? And if so, what ingredients should I use? Could also use some tips on making the perfect roast beef, as well.

Hi guys.

I just bought a 2 kg (4.4 lbs) piece of raw beef that I'm planning on turining into roast beef.

My plan is to give it a bit of colour in the frying pan before setting it in the oven untill it's core temperature is correct. I've done this before, and it turned out alright.

This time, I was also thinking about marinating it, and this is where I need some help.

My typical marinade is a mix of garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and I was thinking about using it this time, with some added tabasco. Would this be a good idea?

I read something about acidic marinades harming the meat if it was marinaded for too long. Would this be considered an acidic marinade?

Since it's a large piece of meat, I guess it should marinate for some time. Would 24 hours be enough? And should I marinate it in the fridge?

Thanks for any answers. The only meat I've marinated before has been overnight marinade of smaller pieces of meat.



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 04:30PM by Toasterlad http://ift.tt/2kpiOul

No comments:

Post a Comment