For a New Years Day feast I've got a 4 lbs. pork shoulder roast sitting in the crock pot on high submerged in my own special concoction of cider vinegar, spices and sauces, garlic, onions, various sources of sugars (but not too much), and a touch of lime and pineapple juices. I am hoping to have it done in 5 hours. It has been sitting in there on high for about an hour. I was planning on switching over to low heat at some point, but that's only because I'm worried about the meat losing its tenderness. Is there much difference in how the meat turns out depending on what setting I use on the crockpot? Does the extra acid help? I just want to get to that point where I can pull the bone straight out and pull the meat apart effortlessly. Is that possible with a 5-6 hour cook? Also can I exchange time on high with more time on low at a certain ratio? Times like this make me want to go to culinary school.
Submitted January 01, 2017 at 01:26PM by SYNA3STH3T1K http://ift.tt/2iTKHHa
No comments:
Post a Comment