Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I made Mirelurk Cakes, courtesy of Eurogamer!

Image

Last night I made mirelurk cakes for dinner! Mirelurks are mutated crab monsters in the Fallout video game series and the third game includes a recipe for these, which are essentially crab cakes. I got the recipe from Johnny on the Chiodini's Kitchen playlist on Eurogamer. I made them the second way in the video with the higher ratio of breadcrumbs and they came out really good!

Recipe (makes 6 medium cakes, good for 2 people)

  • 3 6oz cans crabmeat
  • 4 large eggs
  • 100g breadcrumbs (I used panko and a kitchen scale, but around 1 cup)
  • 1 large green onion
  • seasonings (I used salt, pepper, and paprika)
  • oil for frying

Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl and form into six patties. Place on a platter, cover with wax paper or a paper towel, and chill for an hour-ish.

Heat some cooking oil in a pan (I think I had 1/4" standing) and lay the cakes in gently to prevent splattering. Cook on one side for about 4 minutes, flip, and continue for another 4-ish minutes. Remove from oil, drain briefly on paper towels, and serve with RadAway.



Submitted January 24, 2017 at 10:27AM by sailorknightwing http://ift.tt/2jNDZ7f

No comments:

Post a Comment